Welcome to the November 2017 update on the 36 months portfolio project. Since the last update in September 2017, the portfolio has grown from 28% yield to a whopping 42%. This growth portfolio is still beating the Dow Jones Index and many manager funds.
- Drop in the UK pounds exchange rates as the portfolio has pushed more in the US market.
- Two key tech buys which have made a significant difference.
The key changes in stocks portfolio.
- Bought PayPal at $66 during a slight correction drop. After the Q3 announcement, the stocks jumped more than 10% to $74.
- Bought Activision Blizzard shares during another slight correction after the Q3 announcement at $60.50 and now move along by over 4% to $63. I am still expecting volatility here. However, this is my favorite long-term share of the month and intend to buy more in future when cash is available due to the reasons here.
- There is Cash increase allocated as well to additional deployment.
Two key shares which soared as expected.
- IQE shares have grown 27% since the last purchase. With the new iPhone X receiving positive responses and also issue of £100m worth of new shares on the market have help confidence in their future growth
- Premier Oil has also recovered nicely. Since the last report Premier Oil has moved from -15% to +13%. This is simply from the recovery form oil from $52 to $64.
I am pleased with the Virgin Portfolio progress as a more growth orientated fund rather than a dividend income type. I have a few more deployment from the mini WarChest. I am expecting volatility and I have a few more excellent value shares to buy! Please follow me on this wonderful financial freedom journey!